NTU MUN 2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TANZANIA (What are the issues to be addressed)?? URGENT

3 posters

Go down

TANZANIA (What are the issues to be addressed)?? URGENT Empty TANZANIA (What are the issues to be addressed)?? URGENT

Post  lontonglah Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi guys, i'm really wondering how u guys find the issues to address for your country. As for me, I'm really clueless, been looking up all over the internet, but I really can't find any relevant and pressing current issue faced by Tanzania. HELP!!!

lontonglah

Back to top Go down

TANZANIA (What are the issues to be addressed)?? URGENT Empty Re: TANZANIA (What are the issues to be addressed)?? URGENT

Post  auliakushardini Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:51 pm

lontonglah wrote:Hi guys, i'm really wondering how u guys find the issues to address for your country. As for me, I'm really clueless, been looking up all over the internet, but I really can't find any relevant and pressing current issue faced by Tanzania. HELP!!!

Dear lontonglah *I wonder what your real name is Razz
you can study your country's policies and other stuffs relating to Tanzania from your government's official website, Wikipedia, African Union official website, your statesmen/politicians verbatim records/speeches in various summits (available on the web), or CIA World Factbook.
Also read the background paper meticulously, and match the situation with what would probably be your country's interests on that issue. example #1: what will happen to my country if other African states agree to form a continental government by, say, 2015? would it be better FOR MY COUNTRY if we delay the integration?
example #2: what are the problems faced by my country? How could AU help to better the situation?
example #3: what could my country do to help establishing a union government?

good luck and see you in the council Wink
auliakushardini
auliakushardini

Back to top Go down

TANZANIA (What are the issues to be addressed)?? URGENT Empty Response to Tanzania

Post  Rwanda: AU Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 pm

Dear Delegate of Tanzania,

I am representing Rwanda in the African Union. On your troubles with writing your position paper, and possible background information that you might require;

Just briefly;

A good position paper will include:
• A brief introduction to your country and its history concerning the topic and committee;
• How the issue affects your country;
• Your country’s policies with respect to the issue and your country’s justification for these policies;
• Quotes from your country’s leaders about the issue;
• Statistics to back up your country’s position on the issue;
• Actions taken by your government with regard to the issue;
• Conventions and resolutions that your country has signed or ratified;
• UN actions that your country supported or opposed;
• What your country believes should be done to address the issue;
• What your country would like to accomplish in the committee’s resolution; and
• How the positions of other countries affect your country’s position.

Normal position papers are meant to give an insight into your country's stance;
It is an important part of the MUN process and is meant to inspire delegates to try and garner your support if your stances are similiar.
So do it well. Wink

Further, for information on your country's stance, you might wish to try;

Tanzania's Government Website:

www.tanzania.go.tz/

African Union website:

www.africa-union.org/

CIA World Factbook

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/

It may seem daunting, but just follow these guidelines and you can't go too wrong.

See you at the conference.

Sincerely Yours,
Delegate of Rwanda

Last edited by Rwanda: AU on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of information)

Rwanda: AU

Back to top Go down

TANZANIA (What are the issues to be addressed)?? URGENT Empty Re: TANZANIA (What are the issues to be addressed)?? URGENT

Post  auliakushardini Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 pm

I second Rwanda on this matter Smile well it's maybe too late, but try not to make your position paper unbearably long. 1-1.5 page would fit Smile
auliakushardini
auliakushardini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down