NTU MUN 2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delegates of Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, South Africa and Mexico

3 posters

Go down

Delegates of Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, South Africa and Mexico Empty Delegates of Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, South Africa and Mexico

Post  sumit.kumar.sahoo Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Our countries have similar stances and interests regarding the agenda on hand. Apart from the obvious environmental aspects of the issue, we need to consider the economic and diplomatic aspects as well and how the decisions (resolutions) we take are going to impact our countries. Hence I would appreciate it if we could all get acquainted with our views and stances on the issue.
sumit.kumar.sahoo
sumit.kumar.sahoo

Back to top Go down

Delegates of Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, South Africa and Mexico Empty Re: Delegates of Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, South Africa and Mexico

Post  maldives.GA Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi Malaysia!
This is the Republic of Maldives--the lowest lying land in the world, and definitely looking towards climate deals to protect the Arctic from further environmental degradation! Just wondering what your stance for the issue is.

Cheers! (:

maldives.GA

Back to top Go down

Delegates of Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, South Africa and Mexico Empty Argentina @ GA

Post  argentina.ga Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi, everyone.

I'm Nico Deralima Novito, a University of Indonesia student, and I will represent Argentina in the General Assembly for the NTU MUN.

Generally speaking, the GA topic, "Protection of the Arctic," is mainly related to the issue of climate change. On that note, Argentina's stance in this issue is more or less the same with those of other developing countries:
1) The developed countries need to commit to a specific greenhouse gas emission reduction (mitigation) target
2) The developed countries should help developing countries in tackling climate change, whether it is mitigation or adaptation--since some vulnerable developing countries, e.g. Maldives, have been impacted by the real threats of climate change--through financial and technological transfer

So basically, there should be a principle of common but differentiated responsibilities and respective capabilities among the countries if we want to solve this problem.

Meanwhile, on the issue of Arctic militarisation, Argentina feels that the overlapping territorial claims by the surrounding countries should be settled according to the existing international treaties lest any dispute arises. We also support the idea of the NWFZ establishment in the region.

That's what I can share with you all. I'd like to see your views and stance too on the issue.

See you all in the Singapore!

argentina.ga

Back to top Go down

Delegates of Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, South Africa and Mexico Empty Re: Delegates of Argentina, Venezuela, Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, South Africa and Mexico

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down